Battery Care and Charging
The Storm Cruiser's Lithium-ion battery is small and lightweight, yet provides market leading range due to its high capacity. It also provides a minimized carbon footprint along with a long service life.
Charging the battery
When the charger is switched on, 1 x RED indicator will illuminate.
When charging, 2 x RED indicator lights will illuminate.
When charging is complete and battery is fully charged, 1 x GREEN indicator light will illuminate.
The battery is usually delivered without a full charge. Any time the battery goes without use for a period of a few weeks or more, fully charge the battery before use. Only use Storm Batteries and charging equipment.
After your battery has been fully charged, do not leave the battery plugged into the charger for long periods of time. It is also best practice to unplug the charger from the wall when not in use.
The battery can be fully charged in 4-10 hours, depending on the battery capacity. If the battery is drained completely, please charge the battery within 24 hours for a period of 10 hours. Battery MUST be charged at least once every 30 days. Failure to do so will void warranty.
It is also good practice to not run the battery completely flat.
When the battery is shelved for over 1 month, the battery load will be reduced by 5%. It is suggested to fully charge the battery before use. We recommend fully charging the battery at least once a month.
NOTE: The charger may heat up during the charging process. Temperatures of up to 60° C are considered normal.
The battery will function normally between the environmental temperatures of 0° - 55°. Like many other batteries, the battery's energy will be reduced with the decrease of temperature.
In the event of a short circuit, the battery management system will be protected automatically as the power line will be fused for the dual protection of your battery. Change the fuse and allow 2 minutes after relieving the short circuit. The battery may return to normal operation. If it doesn't, please contact customer service.
- Keep the charger in a safe place, out of reach of children
- Store the charger in an area where it will not contact liquids or metal particles. Ensure it will not fall and become damaged. The charge contains a high-voltage circuit.
- Do not attempt to disassemble the battery or charger.Do not damage the label on the battery or battery box as this will void the warranty.
- Only use the charger and battery provided. Do not use other brands of batteries and/or chargers as they may damage your battery, charger and scooter.
- Only use the charger indoors and in a dry, well ventilated environment.
- When charging, do not allow the positive and negative poles to contact metal. Do not use wires or conductors to connect the positive and negative poles of the battery.
- When charging, do not cover the battery or charger.
- If the battery deforms, you smell an odor, or if the temperature of the charger or battery exceeds 60° C, immediately stop charging and contact your local Dealer/distributor.
- Do not use the charger near a flammable material or source.
- In case of fire, do not use water to extinguish the fire. Instead use sand, a foam fire extinguisher, or thick material soaked with water.
- Ensure the battery is disposed of correctly.